The team leaders from Tamil Nadu, Odisha and Jharkhand met in Coimbatore on Saturday, November 28th to pray concerning their ministries in their respective areas and to address concerns of false allegations as well as to plan for future outreach. Out of that meeting a number of prayer requests and praises have emerged. They are as follows:
- Praise the Lord for the salvation of souls in the areas of Odisha, Pondicherry, Jharkhand and Tamil Nadu. Please pray for these new believers.
- Praise the Lord for the salvation of Vellaiyammal. She is one of the tribal people in the forest area of Sathyamangalam outside of Coimbatore. Paul and Moses visited this place and started a prayer group in this Hindu dominated area. Vellaiyammal came for prayer. She was suffering with much pain in her body and requested prayer. God answered their prayers and healed her! She then believed in the Lord Jesus and is now preparing for baptism. This is the first fruit of souls since Pastor Ike Graham and team visited this area back in May. A number of people have been coming to the Sunday worship now. Pray that the Lord will grant us a building to meet in.
- Pray for Joseph Suriya. He is the team leader in Umarkote, Odisha. He is in the back on the far right in the picture. He has been losing weight and suffering from high blood pressure and the doctors do not know why.
- Praise the Lord that 3 new families have been added to the church in Cholapuram (Brother David – far left rear in picture) and 30 children are attending Sunday school.
- A praise and prayer is for the Bible study being led by PK Moses in Coimbatore. About 30-35 college students and 10 faculty are attending his Bible study on Thursdays. Most of them are not Christians. Pray for the salvation of souls and adding them to the church.
- Peter and Pratap request prayer for their mother who is suffering from kidney problems.
Pastor Steve Burns has informed me that we are $5,100 short of reaching our financial goal for the ministry in India for the 4th quarter of 2015. Please consider a special Christmas gift to the ministry in India during this Christmas season.
Thank you for your prayers and financial support. Financial support can be sent to:
CGBCI Foreign Missions
P.O. Box 217
Grimes, IA 50111
For more information: www.insightintoindia.wordpress.com
If you would like to download the bulletin insert version of this update, please click on the link below.
December 2015 India Update Bulletin Insert
Special Prayer Request from Brother Paul:
“This is a special prayer request for our people living in Chennai and Pondicherry areas, because of the continuous heavy rain the Chennai city is floating in flood as the water covered the houses up to the second floor. Thousands lost their home and clothing, household appliances striving for food, water and shelter. The union Govt declared this flood as the National Disaster and the Chennai city got such a heavy rain after 100 years. The weather forecast tells that there will be heavy rain for another three days at Chennai and the city is completely isolated form other parts by road, rail and air. The airport is closed for another two days as the flood entered into the run way . No electricity and phone connection and public holiday is declared for all the institutions and industries. Life boats are used to save the people and the military is in full swing in saving the people. We have watched the television and heard the tearful stories of the people living on the streets. Can you please pass on this prayer request to all the churches there?
The airport in Chennai – Photo from “The Hindu” Newspaper
UPDATES AND PRAYER REQUESTS:
As our team of Pastor Ike Graham, Joshua Steiner, Grace Steiner and Joy Miller prepares to leave for India on April 30th, there are still many things to be accomplished. However, the most important is prayer.
We need prayer and our Brethren in India need prayer. Please pray for the following:
- For the safe arrival and usage of all materials which we are taking with us; from quilts and solar powered “Proclaimers” which broadcast the New Testament in the native language to materials for translation, etc.
- For the team’s health and safety.
- For the salvation of souls.
- For those planning to be baptized. Paul’s youngest son is one and Christopher, one of the boys in the orphanage is another. This is the 5th child in the orphanage to receive Christ and be baptized!
- For the health and strength of the church planters to carry out the ministry effectively.
- For those making professions of faith to be added to the local churches.
- For Brother Nehemiah’s right hand to be healed.
- For the educational needs of the church planter’s children.
- For adequate facilities that the believers can meet in for worship and ministry.
- For the Lord’s strength and help in the midst of threats and persecution by Hindu activists.
- For harmony in the families of all our Brethren.
- For clear interpretation of the messages on the book of Revelation during the Conference May 5-8.
- For clear understanding of the messages and a response of obedience to God’s word.
- For the proposed medical clinic outreach in Paruvakkudi. Paul’s oldest son, Gilbert, will receive his Medical Doctorate in May and be involved in this clinic.
- For water well needs in various places such as Kandiyaperi and new outreach in nearby villages like Panaimedu and Sathyamangalam.
- For further investigation of outreach possibilities among tribal groups in the area.
- For a strategy to reach people in Jharkand State. We will discuss this with Brother Simon Senon in Coimbatore.
- For complete mutual agreement and an excellent written plan for the next 5 years. This will include beginning reduction of financial support starting in 2017. Everyone needs to be on board with this.
We always appreciate your prayers. Pray also for our finances. We were short of our goal this quarter.
Please send financial support to:
CGBCI Foreign Missions
P.O. Box 217
Grimes, IA 50111
For more information: www.insightintoindia.wordpress.com
If you would like to download the bulletin insert version of this update, please click on the link below:
April 2015 India Update Bulletin Insert
Announcing…the 2015 India Team
Please pray for Pastor Ike, Joshua Steiner, Grace Steiner and Joy Miller as they prepare to leave for India on April 30, 2015. Since this is Grace’s first time, she needs to get a passport. Grace, Joshua and Joy will all need visas. Please pray that all those applications go through smoothly.
- For all details to be accomplished in a timely manner.
- For the hearts of those to whom we will minister to be prepared by God.
- For our hearts to be prepared by God so that we will be useful servants of His.
- For the teaching preparation of the book of Revelation by Pastor Ike and Joshua.
- For sufficient funds to cover the airfare, lodging, food, etc.
For the team to be an encouragement to the church planters and their families.
Brother Paul sent an e-mail with the following prayer requests:
- Pray for David Hanu. He has been suffering from diarrhea for a week and is now undergoing medical treatment.
- Pray for us to have rain. We are facing acute water shortages at both Agape Home and also at Torbay House. This drought has affected our crops and farming also.
- Paul is still undergoing therapy for his left hand because of his diabetes. Please pray that he can have use of his left hand.
Pray also for the upcoming trip to India April 30-May 12, 2015. Pray that all can be accomplished in a God-honoring way in this short time. We need to revise our written plan and also to come back with a self-support plan for the church planters.
Click on the link below to watch a video of a worship service in Cholapuram, India
The video was recorded by the 2013 India team.
We received this prayer request from Brother Nehemiah this past Wednesday.
Greetings in Jesus name,
Please pray for my wife she is seriously ill, suffering from typhoid malaria, eosinophil and thyroid problem. She is receiving medical treatments. May the Lord heal her completley.
Yours in Christ.
Please be praying for Nehemiah’s wife and their whole family.
You may have heard about the hurricane/cyclone which hit the NE side of India. It did create a lot of damage in the state of Odisha where a number of our church planters are. Paul sent some pictures of the flooding and damage there. Please keep them in your prayers as they clean up and use this as an opportunity to share the gospel. Thankfully, as far as we know, no one was injured or killed.
Pastor Ike Graham
URGENT Prayer Needed:
Please pray for the people of Odisha as they are in the middle of hurricane/cyclone “Phailin.”
It has hit and destroyed many parts of the State. Please remember the families of our church planters.
The loss and damages are heavy as that of Katrina.
In Christ, Paul
Editor’s Note: We don’t have any specific news of the church planters at this point.
Pastor Moses and his wife Blessing (picture taken in 2008)
Thursday Evening, May 30th, Moses Lafon, one of the pastors in Cameroon, got sick and Friday morning he passed onto Glory. From the human perspective it was totally unexpected. His wife’s names is Blessing and they have a 3 year old and a 5 year old. Lang is a church in the far north west part of Cameroon and they have a large Christian school ministry. Please pray for the family and the church. – Craig Noyes
Please be praying for Pastor Moses’ family and
church as they go through this difficult time.
Below is a message from Pastor Afoni in Northwest Cameroon.
Dear brothers and sisters,
The whole fellowship of brethren churches in Cameroon are in deep sorrow at the passing away of Pastor Moses Lafon of Lang church. He has left behind a wife and two kids under the age of five. We thank the Lord for his life and ministry of winning souls . 1Thessalonians 4.13-18 is our comforter (see below). We intend to give him a befitting burial on behalf of all the brethrens in the world knowing that his soul is hidden in Christ Jesus. We shall continue to comfort and support the wife and kids in the best way possible.
Thanks for your prayers,
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep,
so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God
will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus.
15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the
coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep.
16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel
and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to
meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.
18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.
The 2013 India/Myanmar Team has been busy this morning making preparations for their departure on Wednesday, May 1st . They fly out of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport at 7:12pm on Wednesday. Please pray that all the plane changes will happen smoothly and that all their luggage will make it safely. They will be in 5 airports on their may to Myanmar and they won’t arrive until the morning on Friday, May 3rd (our time).
Commissioning service for the team at the Orrville Grace Brethren Church on Sunday, April 28th.
If you would like to see more pictures of their preparation
go to the Insight into India facebook page by clicking here.