The time has come to begin the Konnect with the Kids ministry for the 2013-2014 school year. Konnect with the Kids is a program to give a gift or needed items to orphans, foster care & boarding school children in India who are associated with the church planting ministries. The foster care ministry is a great opportunity to share the gospel with children in India. All children are taught the Bible every day. Their parents also hear the gospel when they come to visit their children. We know of at least one mother who believed after hearing the gospel at the church services when she would come to visit her child. If you would like to hear salvation testimonies of 2 children from Agape Home click here to go to the testimonies page. The child you sign-up for is a specific child you can pray for, but any money/gifts you send will be split evenly between all the children. We ask that you don’t send anything that can’t be shared.
- We are going to send money to buy gifts/needed items for the children 3 times in the next year. Each child will have a packet for each of the gifts listed below. You can take just one gift or you could take all of the gifts for one child. If you are interested in being a part of this ministry please e-mail OrrvilleGrace@gmail.com and you will be send an info packet and a picture of a child. CGBCI Foreign Missions only transfers funds to India once a quarter to avoid multiple bank charges. In order for the money for the gifts to arrive in India before the needed time we have to transfer it quite a bit in advance. Below is the transfer schedule for each of the gifts.
- Christmas gift ($20 Suggested Donation) – September 18th, 2013
- Clothing ($20 Suggested Donation) – December 18th, 2013
- School supplies and uniform ($35 Suggested Donation) – March 18th, 2014
- Please have your check mailed by the dates listed above. Make your check payable to
Grace Brethren Church and send it to:
CGBCI Foreign Missions
P.O. Box 217
Grimes, IA 50111
If you have any questions, contact Pastor Ike Graham or Joy Miller.
You can call 330-683-3526 or e-mail OrrvilleGrace@gmail.com
If you would like to see all the pictures of the children for this school year, click here.
India Children’s Ministry Explanation
Most of the children cared for by our Brethren in India have at least one parent. We call this kind of ministry “foster care” or boarding school ministry. Very few of the children are orphans. Most of the children in foster care are under the care of our Brethren 4-5 years. There are some children whose parents have died or whose remaining parent is in prison.
The ministry serves multiple purposes. It provides recognition of Christian love to unbelievers thereby providing opportunity for witness. It provides for a need among the people which curbs persecution against Christians. It provides the opportunity to witness to the children and their parents and to teach the Bible to both. Interestingly, 90% of this kind of ministry in India is carried out by Christians.
Consequently, your involvement in this ministry goes well beyond a specific child. In fact, you may only be able to help a specific child 4-5 years. However, continued involvement in this ministry provides opportunities for witness to many. Thank you for participating.
To see more pictures from Sunday, June 23rd click here.