India Foster Care and
Orphan Ministry Explanation
Most of the children cared for by our Brethren in India have at least one parent. We call this kind of ministry “foster care.” Very few of the children are orphans. Most of the children in foster care are under the care of our Brethren 4-5 years. Interestingly, 90% of this kind of ministry inIndiais carried out by Christians.
The ministry serves multiple purposes. It provides recognition of Christian love to unbelievers thereby providing opportunity for witness. It provides for a need among the people which curbs persecution against Christians. It provides the opportunity to witness to the children and their parents and to teach the Bible to both.
Consequently, your involvement in this ministry goes well beyond a specific child. In fact, you may only be able to help a specific child 4-5 years. However, continued involvement in this ministry provides opportunities for witness to many. Thank you for participating. The other side of this sheet has instructions on how you can be involved.
2012 KONNECT with the KIDS
Agape Home and Torbay House, Tamil Nadu, India
This is a program to give a gift or needed items to orphans and foster care children in India who are associated with the church planting ministries. The foster care ministry is a great opportunity to share the gospel with children in India. Their parents also hear the gospel when they come to visit their children. We know of at least one mother who believed after hearing the gospel at the church services when she would come to visit her child.
- We are going to send money to buy gifts/needed items for the children 3 times in the next year. Each child will have a card for each of the gifts listed below. You can take just one gift or you could take all of the gifts for one child. Please only take the card/cards of the child whom you signed up for. The CGBCI Foreign Mission only transfers funds to India once a quarter to avoid multiple charges. In order for the money for the gifts to arrive in India before the needed time we have to transfer it quite a bit in advance. Below is the transfer schedule for each of the gifts.
- Christmas gift ($15 Suggested Donation) – September 18th, 2012
- Clothing ($15 Suggested Donation) – December 18th, 2012
- School supplies and uniform ($35 Suggested Donation) – March 18th, 2012
- Please have your check mailed by the dates listed above. Make your check payable to: GraceBrethrenChurchand send it to:
CGBCI Foreign Missions
Grimes, IA 50111 Write the name of your child in the memo section of your check.
- If you would like to be a part of the ministry contact Joy Miller at OrrvilleGrace@gmail.com
- If you have any questions, contact Pastor Ike Graham or Joy Miller. You can call 330-683-3526 or e-mail OrrvilleGrace@gmail.com
If you would like to see the pictures of the children click here